What data and information is collected via our software products and services?
- Automatic collected data and information: Paladin uses automated mechanisms (such as cookies and/or pixels) to keep track of user interactions with our Services, as is common practice in our industry. Paladin gathers information such as your browser type, internet protocol address, and access times. In addition, we utilize third-party services including Google Analytics to gather and review user data.
We also gather public social media performance data via API from third parties such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and social media platforms. This data is public information. After collection, the data is processed by Paladin Software and displayed in Paladin Software products and owned properties. If you do not want to have this information shared on Paladin Software products or web properties, you will have to adjust your privacy settings on each respective social platform. If you wish to have your social media data removed from Paladin Software products or websites, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Volunteered data and information: If you open an account with us, purchase products or services, sign into our Sites with a Google account, send us an email, or provide personal information to us in any other way, we collect this information. Depending on what information you provide, it may include your name, email address, or billing information. There is not a requirement to share this information with us, but without it you may not have access certain content, features or Services.
When you use one of our products or websites and authenticate a social media profile from YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platform, we collect non-public data. This includes social media performance data, as well as profile and content metadata.
- Publicly posted data and information: If you post information on any public areas of our websites (or elsewhere on the Internet) that information may be collected and used by anyone, including Paladin Software. Note that we strongly recommend you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting this kind of information may result in unsolicited and unwanted contact from others.)
How is the data and information we collect utilized?
We use information and data collected to help Paladin Software provide you with better service and products, and to help our clients provide the best service. Among other things, this information can help us to:
- Customize analytics and content
- Validate your user rights and address your requests for Services
- Communicate with you and respond to your comments/questions, and provide customer support
- Register you to receive emails or other information or materials you request
- Provide you with additional information we believe is of interest to you
- Evaluate and ameliorate our products and business
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements
- Comply with industry standards and legal requirements as applicable
When and why would we share this information?
We do not sell, rent, lease, or transfer your personal information (name, address, contact information, payment information, password, time zone, or any other personal identifying information) to third parties other than as described below.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction, including public information such as a social media or web handle, brand, and YouTube and other social media performance data across platforms that our software products are given permission to access. You may remove our software’s access to your social media data at any time by changing each social media platform’s privacy settings.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates, or to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. Such third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Automated Information: We may freely share information we collect by automated means as described above with third parties, including clients.
- Personally Identifiable Information: On rare occasions, we may share personally identifiable information we have collected. For example:
- We might share personally identifiable information during due diligence or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and consultants.
- As is typical with transactions, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost, and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
Children under 13 years of age
The Services are not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Third parties and external companies
In addition, the Services may contain links to third party websites and content. Paladin Software does not control these websites and/or content and these third parties” privacy policies may be different from our own. If you access linked websites or third party content, you do so at your own risk.
Data scraping and collection
Copying data from Paladin Software’s owned websites or products (crawling, scraping, etc.) is strictly forbidden. If any user is found to be involved in such activities, their account or IP will be blocked by Paladin Software with or without notification.
Data and information security
Any information collected by Paladin Software is stored on servers managed by Paladin Software, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, Paladin Software cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that Paladin Software processes and stores information at various locations globally and your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Resolution of disputes
Residents of California
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Paladin Software, LLC, 417 S. Hill St., Ste. 842, Los Angeles, California 90013. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us by mail at Paladin Software, LLC, 417 S. Hill St., Ste. 842, Los Angeles, California, 90013.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address, or other personal information, or if you would like to otherwise manage communications you receive from Paladin Software, please contact us at the above.
Last revision: April 20, 2016